New Year, New Updates and New Daily Regimen


Hello everyone!

I just want to start off this blog by saying thank you to everyone who has sent me messages on my Facebook page. I hope I have helped out anyone who has contacted me. As always, you can contact me and I can try to assist you as best as I can. I just want to say that I am not a doctor and I have small knowledge of GI tract illnesses. I do not mind helping either way, though.

So, it has been a while since I posted anything. I am now done with my spring semester and ready get back on track with life and my stomach problems.

At the beginning of this year, I relieved I lost "control" of my illness. I was a point I did not care what I put in my body. I did not notice the unhealthy long-lasting results it was doing to my mind and body.

I find it does not matter how long you have been sick. There will good and bad times that will equal out at the end of the day.

I decided that would see my university's nurturist about how I can get back control on my health and maybe lose some weight in the process.

She helped me out with a list of things I should not eat and gave me sample meals that could help with my illness. This is only for IBS, so it won't help everyone.

If you want to see what the best diet is for you, then I think you try to go to a nurturist or search online for the best food and drinks for you.

I am provided the information that was given to me on this blog to give you an idea of what I have been doing ever since the beginning of this year.


Foods Not Recommended

Milk: Whole milk, heavy cream and cheese made with whole milk

Grains: You may eat any grain foods that your body tolerates

Meat and Other Protein Foods: Beef, Pork and other meats that are marbled with fat; Poultry with skin; Ground turkey with skin; Luncheon meats, Bologna, Hot Dogs, Bacon and Sausage; Fried meats, poultry, Fish or Eggs; Dried Beans and Peas, if they cause gas

Vegetables: You may eat any vegetables that your body tolerates; however, the following may cause gas: broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Corn, Leeks and Onions

Fruits: Prune or Grape Juice

Fats: Limit to 1 teaspoon of Butter, Margarine or Oil; or 1 tablespoon of salad dressing, per meal.

Beverages: Caffeinated coffee or tea and carbonated beverages

Desserts: High-fat desserts (such as Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, Pie, Ice Cream) and Fried desserts (Doughnuts and Fritters)

Here is a sample meals:


 
I also found a few things that help me on my new diet.

Tips:

1) Eat fiber (bread or unsalted crackers) with tea or coffee to relieve the pain.

2) Almond Milk or Soy Milk will be your friend and is very good on the tummy.

3) Fiber cereal with Almond Milk is an awesome quick breakfast.

4) Flounder (the fish) is actually really good, especially the breaded kind.

5) Spring greens, Sugar Peas, Carrots, Tomatoes and Cucumbers make amazing salads.

6) My favorite salad dessert is Poppy Seed (it's kind of sweet) and Balsamic Vinaigrette or Strawberry Vinaigrette

7) Anything with rice or rice just standing alone is great with a meal.

8) For a healthy-ish pizza: Wheat pizza dough, Alfredo sauce, Spinach and Parmesan and Romano Cheese

9) Just try Pesto on stuff. It is good on Pizza.

10) If you want to make eggs, take out the yolk and add Sea Salt and Pepper to the whites. You can add cheese if you can handle it.


That is it for now, but I plan to blog again soon. If you want to know anything, contact me on Facebook and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thank you for reading the first blog post of 2017.

Addition: Here is a notice from BlogSpot that says I need to tell people that my blog might contain cookies. It is standard for services that are part of Google in the European countries.


The European Union laws announcement for my blog viewers






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A brief Note About Stomach Cancer

Answering Your Questions