The Introduction



Hello there!

My name is Sarah Blain.  I am a 23 year old college student from Troy University who likes a lot of things, but I really love food.  I found out, though, that food does not love me.

I started to have digestive problems whenever I would eat certain things.  Then, it got to the point that I had problems when I ate everything.

Around this time last year, I was diagnosed with a mild case of IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome. In my description, IBS is triggered when food travels to the colon and something messes up on the way there.  It’s like the large and small intestines get confused and have a mild panic attack when food is involved.  

Symptoms that come with this gastrointestinal disorder are abdominal pain, bloating, gas, cramping and food intolerance.

It’s a very common disorder, actually! The disorder varies from person to person, but the symptoms are about the same.  

Like IBS, other stomach disorders are just as common. The most common digestive problems is reflux (also known as acid reflux), Peptic Ulcers, Gallstones, Lactose Intolerance, Diverticulitis, IBS and Celiac Disease (people who have to be gluten free or else…).  

There are also some severe conditions out there that I will be addressing like Crohn’s Disease. I just know that one is not fun!

My goal for this blog is to inform anyone who is interested in learning about stomach disorders and give personal tips for people who have digestive problems. I am not an expert in this field, but I’m interested in what I can find when it comes to all these types of disorders.

I’m going to confess that it might therapeutic to me as well because I do not know a lot about my condition that I will have to live with for the rest of my life. I want explore different fields when it comes to the abdomen and different diseases.

If there are millions of people dealing with digestive problems every day, then let’s get informed!

I’m going to include some interviews from people who do have stomach disorders and get their point of view.

I’m going to be writing this blog, but we are all students. I want take this slightly embarrassing topic and show what it is really like to live with it every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A brief Note About Stomach Cancer

Answering Your Questions

New Year, New Updates and New Daily Regimen